Both MEAN and MERN are two stupendous technology stacks. Using these technology stacks a developer can easily build robust applications. Furthermore, both technology stacks also offer various features to developers for making their work a lot easier. In other words, it is worthwhile to use these technology stacks for development. But what is the difference between these two technology stacks? Which technology stack is superior to the other? So, to find the answer to these questions today we are going to learn about both the technology stacks in detail.
Here is everything that you need to know about both technology stacks.
What Is MERN Stack?
It is a robust technology stack that helps developers in making the development process much smoother and easier. Besides, the stack also allows developers to enhance their productivity and save a lot of time. In other words, a developer can make the development process quite easy with the help of this amazing technology stack. So, do use this amazing technology stack if you want to develop robust apps in a short amount of time. Following are the technologies that are part of this amazing technology stack:
- MongoDB. To learn about MongoDB and its features in more detail feel free to join our MERN Stack Online Course.
Following are some of the key advantages of using the MERN stack:
- All the technologies in the stack are free. Thus, you will not need to pay any charge for using any technology of the stack.
- Apps that are built using this amazing technology stack are extremely efficient.
- The technology stack supports the MVC software design pattern.
- The technology stack supports the reusability of code.
What Is MEAN Stack?
- Node. JS
Following are some of the key advantages of using MEAN stack:
- The stack allows developers to rapidly develop/deploy web apps.
- By using the technology stack, you can easily develop cross-platform compatible dynamic web apps.
- MEAN stack offers more flexibility to developers.
MERN vs MEAN
Following are the key differences between both technology stacks:
- MEAN uses the Angular framework for front-end development. On the other hand, its competitor use React library for frontend development.
- Mastering the MEAN stack is a little difficult in comparison to mastering the MERN stack.
- MEAN is perfect for developing enterprise-level apps. While the latter is perfect for developing small-scale apps for firms.
- MEAN support various third-party libraries. However, its competitor does not directly support third-party libraries. To learn how to use third-party libraries with MERN feel free to join our Best MERN Stack Course.
- In comparison to MEAN developing apps using the MERN stack is easier and quicker.
- It is not easy to create complex interfaces using the MEAN stack. However, the latter makes it very easy for developers to build complex interfaces.
- Maintenance and upgradation of apps that are built using MEAN stack are not that easy. However, the apps that are built using MERN are easier to maintain/upgrade. So, do use this technology stack if you want to build apps that are easier to maintain/upgrade.