The India team was set to make some serious noise during the Asia Cup tournament, especially with their home-ground advantage. Ahead of their first match against Bangladesh, Virat Kohli’s side had brawn and brains to play with. However, the breaking news from Bumrah could be a dampener for them. The star pacer has rule out from the Asia Cup tournament.
He picked up a hamstring injury during the practice session ahead of the limited-overs game against Afghanistan on Sunday. It is always tough when you come up against an injury in your early career as a professional cricketer, but Bumrah has coped well so far.
He had shown his mettle in international cricket for India not long ago too in ODIs and T20Is alike. He picked up 18 wickets in 10 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) last year before going onto bag four in six matches this time around. As much as it hurts us to see Bumrah sidelined at such an early stage of his career, there are no hard feelings towards him either.
India’s Squad for Asia Cup:
Shreyas Iyer The Maharashtra Red Squad player made it to the 15-man squad for the Asia Cup. It is the first international appearance for the 23-year-old, who has been in the national team for the last two years. He has played 17 first-class matches for the Mumbai Red Brigade and he has been consistent during the last two years.
Iyer is know for his natural talent and his ability to play the game intelligently. He will be a vital member of the squad if selected. Rishabh Pant The Delhi Cricketer shared a similar journey like Bumrah. He was drop from the squad for the subsequent series against West Indies, but he was select for the Asia Cup.
Pant is a Delhi-based cricketer who has been part of the national squad for the last two years. He has represented India in both the T20I and ODI formats. He has played eight T20Is and five ODIs. Mohammed Siraj The Sri Lankan wicket-keeper batsman was part of the 16-man squad for the Asia Cup.
He has played five ODIs for Pakistan, where his side lost all the five matches. Siraj was born in Colombo, but his family moved to Lahore, Pakistan when he was just three years old. He is a left-handed batsman and a Wicket Keeper. Kedar Jadhav The Chhattisgarh left-hander is in the squad for the Asia Cup as well.
He is a regular member of the squad, who has represented the country in all forms of the game. also, He has scored more than 2000 runs in domestic cricket and his experience will be very useful for the team. and, He is also a right-handed batsman. Ajinkya Rahane The veteran batsman is the third member of the team in the Asia Cup.
He has played 60 ODIs and has an average of 38. He has scored all the five ODI centuries for India. Rahane is a right-handed batsman and a classy middle-order batsman. Hardik Pandya The Mumbai Cricketer has played all the three forms of the game for India in international cricket.
He is also a part of the Asia Cup squad for the first time. Pandya is a brilliant all-rounder in the domestic circuit and has also played for India in the IPL. His all-round skills will be crucial for the team in the Asia Cup. Bhuvneshwar Kumar The left-armer is a regular member of the ODI and T20I teams in the country.
He is a part of the Asia Cup squad for the first time. Bhuvneshwar is a right-arm fast-medium bowler who can bowl at 145km per hour. He has represented India in all the three forms of the game.
Shardul Shinde The Baroda Cricketer is the fourth member of the team who has made it to the Asia Cup squad. Shinde has played a total of 86 ODIs and has scored more than 3000 runs in all the domestic matches. He has also played 27 T20Is for India.
The Story so Far:
What an Asia Cup it has been thus far! The tournament has been filled with excitement and high-scoring matches. The opening ceremony was a treat to watch as the participants walked out together. The first match was between Bangladesh and Afghanistan. It was an intense game as both teams were in the race to reach the final of the Asia Cup. The final match was between India and Sri Lanka, and it was an interesting contest as well.
The Indian team won the match by 39 runs and took home the cup for the first time and their first win in an international tournament in over two decades. The teams that made it to the finals were Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka.
- The Asia Cup is the first international tournament of the year. It is played annually between teams from Asia, and it is the equivalent of the Indian IPL. The tournament is played in cities that are close to the teams and their fans.
- The 16 teams that will participate in the Asia Cup this year are Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Oman, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Thailand, and the final team, which will determine after the final match of the league.
- Cricgator is a popular online cricket blog that covers all sports stories and articles related to cricket, cricketers, IPL news, World Cup Cricket and other cricket related information from all over the globe. Cric Gator blog is also one of the top cricket blogs in India.
- The tournament is play in a round-robin format and each team will play five matches. The first team will face the last team in the league and the second team will face the winner of the first game. The third team will face the team from the last league, and the fourth team will play the team from the second round, and the fifth team will play the winner of the fourth league.
- The teams in the finals of the tournament will determine after the group matches are complete. – The teams in the Asia Cup are select by an executive committee that is appoint by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- The teams in the Asia Cup will likely include India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, and possibly other teams from the region.
Asia Cup Tournament:
- The tournament is play every year and it is a part of the Asian Cricket Council. The competition was first hold in 1960, and the tournament was then call the Asian Cricket Council Championship. The tournament was not hold between 1973 and 1989, and it was held again in 1990.
- The tournament was schedule to hold in September but the series against West Indies in September was cancel, and the tournament was then move to October.
Bangladesh: The team has won the Asia Cup in three straight years. They were the only team in the tournament to win the toss in all their matches. also, They are led by Mashrafe Mortaza,
who led the team to victory in the final of the World Twenty20 in 2016. and, They have the best batting lineup in the tournament, and their top batsman is Tamim Iqbal. – India: The team is the reigning Asia Cup champions.
They have beaten Bangladesh and Sri Lanka in the final in the last two years, and this time they will face Afghanistan in the final. also, They have the best bowling lineup in the tournament, and their top bowler is Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
However, Kohli rose to the occasion and performed brilliantly, highlighting his captaincy skills with bat and ball. He scored 146 runs off 276 balls with three boundaries and six sixes. It was an innings that will remember for many years in future. India were in trouble at 117 for 8 when Kohlin came out to field. The team had lost seven wickets for just 80 runs after the first session of play on the second day. The situation looks grim for them but their skipper came out to bat at number eight position.
Afghanistan: The team is the youngest in the tournament as they have a lot of potential and have improved over the years. They will have to play better than they did against Sri Lanka in the league stage, and they will have to bowl a good partnership if they want to beat India in the final.
Sri Lanka: The team is the oldest in the tournament and has won the Asia Cup seven times. Their batting lineup is the weakest in the tournament, and their top batsman is Rangana Herath.
Stay Tuned for the Match:
The fifth and final match of the Asia Cup will play at Dubai Sports Club on Sunday. The match will begin at 10:00 AM, and it will broadcast on Star Sports. Stay tuned for the live commentary of the match.